If you froze up a lot of rhubarb and strawberries, this cobbler makes for a sunny addition to holiday baking. It’s equally good for breakfast or dessert……
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups thinly sliced rhubarb (if frozen, thaw)
- 2 cups halved or sliced fresh strawberries, or thawed frozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cold, diced
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350°.
Toss the sugar and flour together in a small bowl. Add rhubarb and strawberries to a large mixing bowl, sprinkle sugar mixture over, stir well, set aside for a few minutes.
Gently scrape mixture into a 9×13″ baking pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Work the butter in till tiny balls remain, stir in milk and egg till mixed.
Drop dollops of dough on top.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, till golden brown.
Let cool a bit before serving.