These hearty spiced pumpkin oat muffins are vegan/plant based/gluten-free. They are not overly sweet, so if you have a sweet tooth, you may want to add in a ¼ cup brown sugar.
Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup milk (used unsweetened oat milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 Tbsp water (or 2 large eggs)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups finely ground oat flour (measure after grinding), gluten-free if needed
- 1¼ cups rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 325°, line a 12 count muffin tin with liners.
Whisk pumpkin through vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
Combine oat flour through salt in a small mixing bowl, add to wet ingredients and stir until fully mixed.
Dish into the liners, equally dividing. The cups will be full (it is ok if mounded).
Bake for 30 minutes, or until done on top.
Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Store tightly sealed once cooled for up to a week. For long-term storage, freeze for up to 2 months.
Makes 12 muffins.