Sometimes life calls for unapologetically bad for you comfort cooking. There is not much redeeming in these cookie bars, well outside of fat, sugar, and good taste. And sometimes life calls just for that.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (½ cup)
- ½ cup neutral oil, such as avocado
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups (330 grams weighed)
- 12 ounce package chocolate chips (2 cups)
Preheat oven to 375°, spray 9×13 cooking dish with spray.
In a stand mixer bowl beat butter and oil together, add in sugars, soda, and salt, beat till smooth.
Add in eggs and vanilla, beat in.
Add in flour, mix till combined, add in chocolate chips.
Spread in baking dish evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes, check for center being done, if not bake for 5 minutes more.
Cool on rack, slice as desired.
Store leftovers tightly wrapped, can be frozen for long-term storage.