The recipe for herb bread makes a 1½ pound loaf, perfect for going along with dinner, or for sandwich bread. We use a Zojirushi Bread Machine, that has a 2 pound capacity, but this recipe will work as long as your machine can handle up to 1½ pounds. I like my Zoji as it produces a normal looking loaf of bread (instead of a high loaf).
- 1 cup+2 Tbsp water*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 360 grams all-purpose flour (3 cups)
- 1 tsp dried sage leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 3 Tbsp dry milk powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1½ tsp dry active yeast
Add the ingredients in order listed. Set machine for a basic loaf.
Remove once baked promptly, and cool on a wire rack. Store cooled bread in a plastic bread bag.
*If using a bread machine that doesn’t warm the liquid, be sure to use the recommended temperature for your water.
Makes 1 loaf.
- Slice when cool and freeze for later use, it thaws quickly.