Once Fall settles in, all I want is soup for dinner. Having an Instant Pot makes that a reality. Being able to put on the soup and walk away, while I do other chores or work, that is a huge timesaver.
Serve the soup with some crusty bread and you might be able to suffer through it being dark at 4:30 pm for a bit longer.
Instant Pot Sausage & Potato Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 pound sausage*
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 can evaporated whole milk or coconut milk
In a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot, turn onto “saute” in the “more” setting. Add in oil and sausage, cooking, sitrring oftenm, until sizzling.
Add in onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Sprinkle on herbs, add in potatoes and broth.
Turn off, put on lid and make sure vent is set properly.
Select “soup” setting, set time for 5 minutes.
Once done cooking, use quick-release venting.
With lid off, turn “saute” on, on “normal” setting. Stir in kale until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in milk, until heated through. Taste for seasoning, and serve.