Banana bread is a great way to have a sweet treat but remove the sugar easily from it and let me have something…and not feel guilty for a hot second. With 2 substitutions, you can have it sugar-free easily.
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1:1 sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 to 4)
- ¼ cup full fat greek yogurt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, sugar-free if desired
Preheat oven to 350°, liberally oil a 9×5″ bread pan.
In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar together, until smooth. Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, until mixed in. Add in vanilla, bananas and yogurt, beating in smooth.
Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, beat smooth.
Add the chocolate chips, beat in.
Scrape into the prepared pan, bake for 60 minutes, or until a butter knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then loosen the bread and turn out. Let cool fully before slicing.
Store wrapped once it is cooled to keep fresh.
Makes 1 loaf.