You want dinner on the table, when you have little time? There is something so comfort food about beef stroganoff, and doing it in the Instant pot means more free time. Fall is calling……
Instant Pot Stroganoff
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups lower-sodium broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp coconut amino or lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pound small pasta shapes (regular or whole wheat/whole grain)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
Set Instant Pot to “saute”, at normal setting. Add in olive oil, ground beef, and onion. Saute until nearly cooked, add in mushrooms and garlic, let saute until beef is cooked.
Meanwhile, to save time, heat up broth and water in microwave until hot.
In a small bowl stir together ketchup, coconut amino, mustard, and cornstarch until mixed. Pour hot broth mixture into the Instant Pot, then stir in the ketchup mixture. Add in pasta, stir well.
Put on lid, make sure vent is in right position. Press “manual” (“pressure cook”) and set for 6 minutes.
Once time is done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then use quick release to vent. Be careful, as it produces a lot of steam. Once valve goes down, remove lid away from you.
Stir well, then add in sour cream.
Sprinkle in some fresh parsley if desired.