For more oatmeal recipes, see our book Oats Gone Wild.
Chocolate Chip and Hemp Heart Mini Oatmeal
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/3 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
Preheat oven to 375°. Line a 12 count muffin tin with premium liners.
In a large bowl mix together all ingredients well.
Divide between muffin cups.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top.
Let cool a bit, serve warm, or let cool fully, then store tightly sealed in refrigerator for up to a week. I prefer them cold personally!
Makes 12 mini oatmeal.